Well there’s Mother’s Day, and there’s Father’s Day, does anyone celebrate Children’s Day or celebrate children in general?
Today’s children become tomorrow’s adults…so how we teach and train our children or grandchildren really does have a great impact on society!
Recently I enjoyed time at our mountain home with 12 of our 14 grandchildren, calling it “Grandkids Camp” (even though I don’t really like to use the word “kid” – baby goat). The theme was “I will Go, I will Do, because I Know!” I lined up some great activities for 3 days…and of course, I don’t do this without at least two of my daughters to help…
- learning time
- fishing for crawdads/trout/playtime at the creek
- hiking, zip lining, and hunting for heart rocks
- fun in the kitchen
- spiritual time
I decided this was a great time to talk about important things, some of which included healthy eating and essential oils. So the second day we spent time on the importance of eating more vegetables and fruits each day. Next we did a game with essential oils…”Smell that Flavor”…all of which are common scents/flavors in the kitchen and no matter who they are, they have undoubtedly tasted these flavors at one time or another…
- black pepper
- cassia (tricky but true – that’s really what you are eating if you buy ground cinnamon)
Some were tricky but most of them were able to decipher the scents. We didn’t go into much of the benefits of them (though I could have) but we did talk about their uses. Then we went into the kitchen to make a healthy treat with some of them. And to the best of my ability, I will share with you the recipe they came up with…I did let them choose from a few choices in creating what my son-in-law later called “Awesome Balls”! They are surprisingly one of the tastiest treats I’ve had…you will LOVE them too!
(the measurements are only approximates)
- 1 cup nut butter (they used part raw almond butter, part sunflower butter)
- 2 rounded tablespoons honey (probably 1/4 cup or more)
- 2 drops Spearmint essential oil
- 8 drops Wild Orange essential oil (both doTERRA)
- 2 scoops pea protein powder (approx. 1/3-12 cup, we used doTERRA V-shake)
- 1 cup Oaty-O’s cereal (healthier brand over Cheerios)
- Mix the first four ingredients together in a mixing bowl
- Stir in the protein powder and O’s
- Form into 1 inch balls
- Roll in sesame seeds of fine shredded coconut
- Chill well and ENJOY!
They LOVED them…so did I…so will you!
You can have your own Children’s Day or days….make it fun….make it educational! Children love to learn and the more guidance you give them while they are young, the better adults they will become later on! And choosing to eat in a healthier way is a great benefit to children!
To order essential oils at 25% off, choose “Join & Save” at: www.dropbydropwellness.com.
Have fun with your children!