When you have a health challenge…..what’s your typical action?
1) Treat the symptom and apply a bandage to cover it up?
2) Look for the root cause and find a long-term solution?
If you want long-term wellness, you must address the root cause not just the symptom. So ask yourself when it comes to any health challenge you face:
- Do I want temporary results – just the quick fix?
- Do I want long-term results and long-term benefits?
An Ounce of Prevention
Let’s take a headache as our first example.
Western medicine has conditioned us to reach for some form of pain reliever. First, how many times have you stopped to think what caused the headache to begin with, and furthermore, how to prevent one in the future.
The truth is there are several possible causes of headaches, minor or major:
- Processed foods: refined sugar, refined flour, refined oils can become glue in your gut because they have no fiber or nutrients, they can sit there and decay
- Chemical triggers such as artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, and other additives, often are a huge culprit such as soft drinks, sport drinks, energy drinks, etc.
- Bulk foods: too much meat, potatoes, and breads in the gut all at once and not enough enzymes (from raw foods) to aid digestion
- Structural issues, spinal alignment is out of balance, the need of a chiropractor
- Compacted colon, even if you are having regular bowel movements, you may have pockets in your colon that are decaying with toxicity being continually reabsorbed back into your blood stream
- Lack of water, not just lack of fluids here, but lack of pure water to allow your system the natural cleansing that is required
If you get to the root cause, then you can have a starting point to be able to prevent future challenges. And if you don’t look to the cause and just “treat the symptom” then this might continue to be a regular occurrence….and are regular occurrences (such as a headache) enjoyable?
Essential Solutions for Your Health Concerns
Next, reach for something that can assist your body on a cellular level. That’s why I love essential oils. Take the headache example again…..
Recently I visited a friend’s home and as she sat down she asked, “Do you have an essential oil for a headache? I’ve had one all day and anything I’ve taken hasn’t helped!” I reached for a small bottle of peppermint essential oil that I carry with me. She applied part of a drop to each of her temples. Within 10-15 seconds (no joke), she exclaimed, “I can feel the pain residing…this is cooling….I’ve never experienced anything like this in my life.” In another 3-4 minutes she exclaimed that her headache was totally gone.
Effective! Safe! Inexpensive! That’s what essential oils are doing for others, and what they can do for you too.
We all have challenges, but if you first look to the root cause, then look to a natural solution that will assist your body on a cellular level, you will be much happier with the results!
Get Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils at 25% off here: www.dropbydropwellness.com
Have a healthy, happy day!